Sam Adams COLD SNAP!!!

Maker: Samuel Adams
LabelCold Snap
Type: White Ale (Seasonal)
ABV: 5.3%
IBU: 10
Awards: Unknown
Cold Snap from Samuel Adams seasonally available!
Label Description: Lively & unfiltered, the hazy smoothness of this White Ale is awakened by spring spices. A hint of sweetness from orange peel & plum and the peppery bite of fresh ground coriander create a subtle and refreshing kick to signal that spring is on its way. Cheers!

Price: $12.00 for a 12-pack at Winco.

Aroma: Malty with a spicy hit!

Look: Golden and hazy with a decent head on it! 
Great looking beer! Almost reminds me of a home-brew I made!

First Sip: Alright, so I was skeptical. I am not a production brew guy, but I figured why not, sounded interesting. Well, I am glad I tried it! The first sip has an interesting malty sweetness, with a spicy note that hits you in the throat! Great first sip! The aroma is very malty, but breaks up that spice from the coriander. This is definitely a beer you want to drink in a glass, not straight out of the bottle. For being a production beer, this sip is much better than I anticipated.

Middle of the Blast: The unfiltered haze is fantastic for this beer. It gives the brew a great depth of flavor and you can taste more and more of the different flavors in each sip! As I get to the middle of the beer, I wish I had an orange slice. Like a Blue Moon, I think it would really enhance the beer, and not be just a silly garnish. I think it would bring out a little more citrus and really pair nicely with the sweetness of the plum in the brew.

Last Sip: Finally getting a taste of those hops! Hallertau Mittelfrueh Noble hops are the type of hops inside this brew. These are an extremely high grade of the Noble hop and are known to be mild with spicy notes and enhance the citrus flavors! Honestly, perfect match for this beer! The last sip is just as great as the first. Not much to complain about this brew!

Overall:  Overall, great beer! Nothing really to complain about. Perfect balance of spice, sweet, and malty flavor! I would recommend you pick up a twelve pack or two before they are gone for the season!


Rating: **** Gotta give this one a 4 star rating! It isn’t perfect, but for a seasonal brew, it is sure interesting!

Comments